That’s Conversation! Sincerity is a treasure trove of interactive activities tailored for adult learners at B1, B2, and C1 levels. Crafted with the intention to kickstart your initial lessons with new students, this MiniEbook sparks discussions on the art of genuine communication. Explore the nuances of good and not-so-good small talk, especially in professional contexts, and empower your students with the skills to ask personal questions while tactfully avoiding them. Engage in captivating discussions about truths, lies, exaggerations, and fairy tales, all while laying the foundation for the world of reported speech. Whether you’re in a digital or traditional classroom setting, this resource is your partner for fostering meaningful connections and honing language proficiency.
• Sixteen dynamic tasks designed to get your B1 – C1 students talking about sincerity, honesty, and the art of storytelling, as well as to help you understand your new students’ preferences and sensitivities
• Vocabulary needed to navigate both first-time meetings and discussions on truth, lies, and exaggerations
• Language needed to ask and respond to personal questions
• Groundwork for reported speech
• Suggestions for further or prior reading (articles) and listening (videos) with direct links
• Topics for students’ own research, projects or homework.
Is this MiniEbook for you?
That’s Conversation! Sincerity is for you …
• if you seek to create a comfortable space for profound discussions with your adult students.
• if your students need language to make small talk or start conversations with new people
• if you want to teach vocabulary related to lie, exaggeration, fraud and fairy tale at B1, B2 or C1 levels.
• if you’d like to teach your students how to ask personal questions and how to gracefully avoid answering them.
• if you seek to set the stage for deeper dives into grammar concepts like reported speech.
• if you wish to empower students with the language skills needed for polite and meaningful conversations.
• if you’re looking for a complete and well-organized resource for your conversation classes.
• if you work with adult learners who seek a more sophisticated and advanced approach to acquiring language proficiency.
How to use That’s Conversation! Sincerity?
• Download the MiniEbook and use it in digital format for online classes or print it for in-person sessions.
• You may introduce the lesson by showing your students one of the suggested videos or asking them to read one of the suggested articles before class.
• Check out Teacher’s Notes (Page 10) for suggested videos, articles and students’ own reasearch, as well as answers to some of the questions.
• When there is no solution to a task in Teacher’s Notes, it suggests that your students’ own ideas and viewpoints are be the best response.
• Maximise student talking time by giving your students time to process information, asking them to justify their reasoning, and prompting them with supplementary questions.